What We Do
Concordia Welfare & Education Foundation implements programs for poverty alleviation in China and Cambodia. We are always looking for new ways to connect community members through these programs. We look to encourage them to understand how they can support one another and work together towards a bright future.
CWEF’s programs revolve around three areas of focus:
- High School and University Scholarships
- REACH: Resiliency Education: Advocacy, Collaboration & Hope
- School Resource Materials (Libraries, teaching materials, sports equipment)
- HEAL: Health Education: Advocacy and Literacy
- Clean Drinking Water: Filters, Wells, Systems
- Animal Gift
CWEF, and its predecessor CWES, has been leading students and other learning teams to program sites since 2001. Teams help dig trenches for drinking water systems, teach villagers about how to use water filters, act out skits teaching about germ transmission and good sanitation practices, complete needs research setting the foundation for successful health and education programs, teach English and Art, lead eyeglass clinics, and more.